[debian-knoppix] Solved: Changed UID? question about modules

I did that, but it did not solve the problem.

But! I discovered a bunch of /tmt/ files that belonged to my old 1001
UID, changing perms on those fixed the problem!

Also, Klaus will be happy to learn that rebuilding my kernel from 2.4.20
sources, minus unneeded filesystems and partition types fixed my
/dev/hdb that would not mount with a stock hdinstall :-)

(I now have access tp my mp3 collection again!)

One last question:

Is there a way to specify different modules directories for different
kernel images?  Until irenamed the stock /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs, the
new 2.4.20 image was trying to pull (incompatible) modules from that
tree instead of from the correct /lib/modules/2.4.20.

aloha,
dave