Re: [debian-knoppix] Problems with Knoppix on IBM ThinkPad TransNote

Hi Jan,

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 12:33:31 +0100, jan.niggemann@bechtle.com wrote:

> I am trying to get Knoppix (c't edition) to run on my IBM ThinkPad
> TransNote (at least 2 yrs old), trying to test it on exotic hardware.
> The TransNote has no drives built-in, so I (try to) boot from an USB floppy
> drive and an USB CDROM.

There is no USB support in Knoppix at boot time. So, unless the
notebook has some transparent IDE over USB emulation (which would work
without USB drivers), booting Knoppix from CD is impossible on this
machine.

If you have a (v)fat partition on the hard disk, you can create a
directory "KNOPPIX" on that partition and copy the 500MB file "KNOPPIX"
from the c't CD into it. After that, boot the Knoppix floppy.

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de