Re: [debian-knoppix] Suse style Framebuffer boot

Bernhard Wiedemann wrote:
and for anyone happening to read this - want to have a look at the compactest way of making your own customized bootcd?
http://lsmod.de/bootcd/Makefile (beta quality only yet)

I am not sure what this make file is all about, but the "translucency" keyword make me believe you made a translicent knoppix, this mean a knoppix where one can actually modify the "cloop file content" (typically read only). Of course you are suppose to loose those change once you reboot (except if you save the "diff" between the RO version and the live version).

Having "translucency" build it would allow one to have .deb in a directory and 'automaticaly' install them on top of the default Knoppix (without having to remaster the KNOPPIX file).

Could you explain what you did related to Knoppix and Translucency?

David GLAUDE

translucency:
$(WGET) http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~wiedeman/development/translucency-0.5.8.tar.gz | tar xz
	ln -s translucency-0.5.8 translucency