[debian-knoppix] scsi-module aha152x not recognized, no boot

Hello,

I can't boot knoppix on my Canon BN750 Laptop because knoppix can't
find it's scsi host controller.

after loading vmlinuz and miniroot.gz I can see that it scans for
scsi-controllers. After that all drives, also scsi-drives are scanned
for the KNOPPIX file, which isn't found. I then get dropped to "(very
limited) shell". lsmod gives no output.

Debian (woody) which I have installed on the notebook has no problem
finding the scsi-controller (I din't ask it to boot from it though). It
loads the module "aha152x". In the /etc/lilo.conf of my woody
installation I have the line

append="aha152x=0x340,11,7,1"

When using "expert" boot knoppix asks me to specify the SCSI module I want
to use. It even lists "aha152x.o" when I enter that at the prompt and
press enter I get the same behaviour as with booting "knoppix", i.e. I
get dropped to minimal shell. Same thing with "expert failsafe".

I just copied my working woody kernel onto the boot-floppy. But although
I changed nothing else the computer booted fine. But much to my surprise
into my existing woody installation. (Hm, tried that again and got a
kernel panic.)

When I copy the cloop file to harddisk I can boot into knoppix but
haven't much diskspace left.

Any suggestions how to solve this?

        Berny

--