[debian-knoppix] (no subject)

Hallo All

First I wanted to thank Klaus Knopper and all the people who help the knoppix
project. I am using a hd-installed knoppix fot some months and enjoy using
it ! (thanks to Fabian for the installer!)

now to the questions: I am trying to compile two programs and get the
following errors during the ./configure:

Problem 1
trying to compile avview (to work with my ATI-aiw TV card)
./configure ends with the following error:
checking for Tcl configuration... configure: WARNING: Can't find Tcl
configuration definitions

so where are these files? of course I have tcl/tk 8.3 and 8.4 installed as
they come with knoppix.

Problem 2
trying to compile KSCP: ./configure ends with the following error:
checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your
installation and add the correct paths!

as knoppix has version 4.3 of X, which is yet unavailable in Debian, where can
I get these libraries so I will be able to compile programs that need the X
libraries ?

thanks in advance for any help

Eitan Hoffer