[debian-knoppix] Gnome 2.4 and knoppix

Hi

I am trying to install gnome 2.4 on a knoppix
hdinstall but I come accross these problems:

1. Menus are messed up. I guess the should look the
same ( the structure I mean ) like in kde but they are
not.
Knoppix menu does not show up at all
2. The hard disk links and cdrom links do not show up
on the desktop instead the are in a folder that link
to a old desktop icons besause gnome 2.4 is not
compadable with 1.x gnome.
3. right click options that are in the kde menus are
not shown in the right click menus in gnome (
change/read write . mount/unmount etc)

What is wrong?

Klaus have u ever tested gnome.24 with knoppix?
Any help is welcome

Thanks