Re: [debian-knoppix] apt: .. 287 not upgraded !!!

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003, Matthias Braeunig wrote:

> Hi
>
> after some apt-get installs the database is confused. (I said no at the
> Y/n prompt when apt wanted to remove 130 kde packages, which was
> nonsense obviously)
>
> I heard several people had the same problem.
> How do I get back to the database state where I was?
> (the former /var/cache/apt/status-old is not available anymore)
> I don't want neither to upgrade nor remove anything.

Not to sound rude, but Unix and Linux don't have a recycle bin.  When you
delete or change a file, its done.

I suggest you run deslect and add the packages manually (+ to add), or...

You can create a list of the packages it wants to delete and add them
with apt-get.
apt-get install `cat listoffiles`
or
apt-get install package1 package2 ...

Chaz

                    Griffith Observatory Star Award
for excellence in promoting astronomy to the public through the World Wide Web.
StarrySkies Network                             The Starry Messenger
http://StarrySkies.com                        http://StarryMessenger.Net
publishing science                              the weekly newsletter of
articles since 1995.                            the StarrySkies Network