Re: [debian-knoppix] Q : cups and samba

On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 10:21:58AM +0100, Peters, Claus wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've running samba and cups on a Knoppix 3.3 hd-installed system.
> When I want to print a document from a win client, I doesen't work.
>
> Only after restarting the samba server (3.0.0 final-1), this will work for
> me.
>
> I figured out that the samba server(S20)  will be started before the
> cups(S80) system gets started.
>
> Is this the correct sequence???

Should be OK, but if you think it may be different, just change the
sequence. Samba should rescan the printer list automatically every now
and then. If you want to force this, just do a

killall -HUP smbd

as root, which will inform samba about changes made in the system
config.

Regards
-KLaus Knopper