Re: [debian-knoppix] problem to mount compressed image under SuSE 9

On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 11:43:59AM +0100, Björn Voigt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to mount the KNOPPIX under my SuSE 9 and
> have compiled the cloop 0.68 module, but if I try to
> load the module with insmod i get the following error:
>
> insmod cloop.o file=/path/to/compressed/image

You need to use the corresponding version of cloop for a cloop image
(0.68 for 8.68-images, 1.02 for 1.02-images, 2.0 for 2.0-images),
and you need to specify the path to the compressed image in
/path/to/compressed/image.

> /lib/modules/misc/cloop.o: init_module: Invalid argument
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
> including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
>      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg

And you may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg.