[debian-knoppix] Knoppix ,woody and LILO

Hi! I just bought a knoppix cd and i want to install it on my computer. I
already have woody installed which is dual booting with XP. I have 2
questions.
1. I want to replace woody without overwriting my files in home. Is this
feasible? Home by the way is a different partition .How do i go about it?
Can you please show me good howto. Ive googled and it seems that there is a
lack of clear documentation.
2. I dont have lilo on my mbr coz ive read that NTloader must be in command
. So i just installed lilo on my root and let NTloader boot.. Is this still
true? Is it ok if i just let LILO manage the booting?

TIA

Rafiks