Re: [debian-knoppix] Matrox G550 and TFT with DVI-cable

On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 09:12:25PM +0200, Philipp Luttenberger wrote:
> Hidiho!
>
> I have a computer with Matrox G550 and a Samsung 17"-TFT which are
> connected with a DVI-cable. Now I have the problem, that Knoppix recognizes
> the GPU but when the x-server starts I get a blank Screen. Is there a way
> to tell Knoppix that there is a monitor - not a CRT but a TFT (something
> like "Knoppix monitor=tft cable=dvi")?

nvtv and atitvout are tools for switching between ports, but most likely
won't work with a Matrox card.

If you use the (slow but reliable) framebuffer X-Server, the tvout picture
should survive the start of the X-Server. Use

fb1280x1024

or

fb1024x760

instead of the keyword "knoppix" at the boot:-prompt. I use this on my
notebook frequently when using a projector in talks.

Regards
-Klaus Knopper
--
Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/