[debian-knoppix] Blinking CapsLock and ScrollLock

Hello Everyone,

Well I decide to give the kernel recompile another go... This time I used the 2.4.21-xfs from the Knoppix sources. Everything compiled ok(I removed SMP support) and I copied a recompile cloop 1.02 to modules. The CD starts to boot, but when I get to the point where it prints out that the CD is being accessed at /dev/scd0 the CapsLock and ScrollLock start to blink and the boot progresses no further. The only other thing I did was remove the scsi modules from linuxrc. What did I over look?!
Thanks,

Cecil