[debian-knoppix] few problem with hd install of 3.3 24-09

hello,

I reinstalled Knoppix, this time version 3.3 24-09.
But I already ran into a few problems:

when doing logout (login as diff. user) in kde, kde shuts down and the screen
goes blank - the only thing I can do after that is to turn of the notebook

another thing is the not working xdisplay function inside kde control center -
it seems to start up but the display window never opens

the sound does not work anymore, it did when running from cd but now it is
app. 10 times faster than usual.

well, all this happened on a Thinkpad T40 if that matters.

well beside these few problems, I am pretty impressed by the hardware
detection and BTW, fancy installer.

thanks in advance, cheers Martin