[debian-knoppix] Re: /opt/kernel

I was the oine who did this and you use a really old  version btw. :-).

I see the community is bigger than I thought. Yes, I know I'm on a version
from March, but I just installed it to my hard disk after a successful trial
run, and for the most part have seen little reason to update it.
just move the directory /opt/kernel/alsa to /lib/modules/2.4.20-xfs/alsa
And alsa should work as normal :-)

Except for the fact that I'm trying to upgrade my kernel in the process.
Since the contents of /opt/kernel/alsa is a bunch of *.o files, obviously
I'll need to do some recompilation -- I would figure I'd need to recompile
that alsa kernel module. The problem is, I'm not entirely sure whether I'd
want alsa-lib or alsa-driver (or even an alsa kernel patch) from their FTP
server, and their documentation isn't much help. Would you be so kind as to
either point me to sources that should have come with a hard drive install
that I could recompile, or tell me which bit from the alsa site you used?
Thanks,
Alex Kirk