Re: [debian-knoppix] Samba problems with the Version fom 26.07.2003

Hallo Karl,

samba is now SAMBA 3.0 B E T A !!. There are major changes. I have not
yet tested this version, but maybe samba.org gives you some hint about
what has changed.

I am putting my installation from source in /usr/local/samba. So I can
always copy it around for one computer/version to the other.

With partimage I can config your problem. To be sure you must use the
same version for save and restore :-((. You can always buut the "old"
knoppix from CD.

Hope this was useful.

Greetings

Achim

> I installed a PC wit the Knoppixversion from 26.07.2003.
> I want to use this PC as an Samba Server.
>
> I copied the Sambakonfigurationfiles from a System we used as a
> Testinstalltion.
> This Testinstallation was done with a Knoppix from 03.05.2003 and
> works very nice.
>
> The new Installation doesn't show the share's at all.
> And it doesn't appear in the workgroup.
>
> I added the sambausers and enabled them
> pstree shows smdb and nmdb are running.
>
> Is there a significant change in Samba between this version.
> Does anybody have an idea or make a similiar experience ??
>

> A different problem showed up with partimage.
> I made some backup from HD partions with a Knoppixversion from Sep.
> 2002 ( I think).
>
> When I tried to restore a partition with a newer Knoppixversion
> partimage claimed, that the backupfile would be password protected,
> but this is not the case.
>
> Anybody made the same expierence or has an idea??
>

> Thirdly I would like to thank Klaus an everybody  who is supporting
> Knoppix development for his/their great work.

YES, GREAT WORK!!!

> --
> Best Regards/ Mit freundlichen Gruessen
>
> Karlo Huthmacher
>
> <mailto>: Karl.Huthmacher@freenet.de

Another name for a Windows tutorial is crash course!
from: http://humorix.org/slogans.shtml

    ______ _____ __  __ __ __   _
   / __  // ___// / / // //  | / |
  / /_/ // /   / /_/ // // /||// |