Re: [debian-knoppix] Software patent?

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 08:38:18PM -0400, Paul Chvostek wrote:

> I believe this is not true.  My understanding is that SCO's legal action
> against IBM is with regard to "misappropriation of trade secrets", and
> its warnings to the rest of the Linux-using world is that further legal
> action may be taken with regard to "intellectual property violations".

SCO has _nothing_ to do with softwarepatents in europe.
Read: http://swpat.ffii.org/
Especially the horror collection:
http://swpat.ffii.org/patents/index.en.html

SCO is a non issue, they would have a really hard time in court to do
anything against endusers in europe.

Christian Leber

--
  "Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur et non datur,
   nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est."       (Aurelius Augustinus)