Re: [debian-knoppix] Need help on setting up networking

Hi Eko,

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 17:10:05 +0700, Eko Priono wrote:

> I've set up some Knoppix installations on HDD, but in
> any cases it won't detect the installed LAN Cards and

They must be detected by Knoppix running from CD first. The Knoppix
installer just looks at the kernel modules loaded at install time and
writes their names in a permanent config (/etc/modules).

> setting up LISA, RaeLISA, and Samba.  The LAN cards
> are d-Link DFE-538 TX, d-Link DFE 530 TX, Asus V7M
> integrated Nics, and some older NE-2000 compatible

Could you give "lspci" and "lspci -n" output?

> cards.  I can't find linuxconf either.  Is there any

Linuxconf was Red Hat only (they dropped it in the past releases).

Try one of the following:
hwsetup, modconf, netcardconfig, vi /etc/samba/smb.conf.

If you want click-n-drool, stay with windoze.

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de