[debian-knoppix] Debian vs. Knoppix

Hi all,

I'm quite new to linux and decided to install Knoppix for home (and maybe work)
use on the HD. My thought was to get an easy, preconfigured Linux which is built
on Debian and thus has Debian's apt-get features (which I read where better than
the rpm-system; and the first three times I tried Linux (RedHat and Mandrake) I
really had problems with rpm-dependecies.).
 Now I came across a posting from Fabian Franz which discourages me a lot to do so.

*****citation:
You don't understand:

HD-installation gives you a Knoppix-system fully configured, but which is=20
basically a debian and that makes problems.

People loose KDE, get problems with dependencies.

You should ask people on #debian or #debian-de. They don't support knoppix =
and=20
why ? Because it is soo complicated.
*********

ehm.. well.. What am I supposed to think about that?
is basically a debian : ok
that makes problems: why?
people loose KDE: why and how?
problems with dependecies: is it not possible to configure apt to get the
unstable-packages and then it plays?
it is sooo complicated: what's so complicated?

Of course I would like to install some more packages, update packages and
probably also take unpacked stuff and compile it. Also maybe I would like to add
Gnome one day. So basically my concern is: will all this then be so complicated.
Would it be easier to take a Debian-unstable and first learn how to configure it?

Tino