[terry] [debian-knoppix] Language setting files (was: environment for gr...)

This was sent offlist, I'm forwarding it here since it is relevant and
the author asked me to.

--- Begin Message ---
Hallo folks --

In case it may help -- quite a number of files
in Knoppix have language settings, some mentioned
in the list before, but here they are in
one message so far as I've picked them up ...

/etc/init.d/keymap.sh --
sets a language version of kbd map file (and
if changed, the k*.sh file should specify one
or another of the *map.gz files found in a
subdirectory under /usr/share/keymaps)

/etc/profile -- refers to a default language-
setting & can be changed to another default

KDE setting-files with language settings are
found in several parallel directories, all like
xxx/.kde/share/config, where xxx is firstly
/etc/skel (for the defaults copied into each
new user's home directory) and then
/home/<userid> for each user (and yet another
one off the root user's home directory).

The language setting is not only in each of
the copies of the file named 'kdeglobals',
as already noted, but also in 'kxkbrc'

(and I forgot to check before writing this
message if there can also be stray language
references in kdesktoprc or konsolerc).

cheers
terry

--- End Message ---