[debian-knoppix] Some strange OpenOffice breakage

Hello,

We have some strang problem here that should have been noticed long ago
but we found no traces of it on the web.

The problem: OpenOffice.org shows question marks intead of latvian and
russian chars

Cons: Everything works fine in NordicKnoppix
      Everything works fine in KOffice

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Boot up Knoppix
start OOWriter
open Konsole
type "setxkbmap lv"
Press RAlt+a in OOWriter

Problem: question mark shows up instead of latvian 'a' with '-' on top
of it

Same problem happens with russian, even if booted with lang=ru
(setxkbmap ru and then RAlt+Y should produce something like 'H')

Strangely some latvian chars work, namely RAlt+z,c,s. Only those work,
that are accented by a flipped '^' char.

(Checking with latest Knoppix 2003-05-20 ... bug is there. I cann't
check 2003-06-06 myself as it doesn't boot for me, will have to
investigate that tomorrow, but I have a user report saying that
2003-06-06 has the same bug.)

--
Best regards,
    Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius@debian.org