[debian-knoppix] What was wrong with the web browsers

Hi all folks,

I have been trying to connect to Internet via broadband without success,
a simple setup but a hard time to me.

Now I started to connect to my ISP with KPPP via an external modem, a
really modem.  Connection was made showing time running.  But still I
could not connect to Internet.

I have tried both Mozilla and Konqueror.  The browser started without
problem but clicking the URL such as www.yahoo.com, www.google.com, etc.
showed finally website not found.

Kindly advise what was wrong with my browser.  Thanks in advance.

Also Kmail could not send and receive mails after setup.  I have
previous knowledge on setting up email software on RH Linux without
problem.

B.Regards
Stephen Liu