[debian-knoppix] DVD Beta2 available

Hi everyone,

For those fine people who are testing the LinuxTag 2003
DVD Beta image:
I just uploaded BETA-2, which has Kernel 2.4.21 and a bugfix for
a hwsetup problem with firewire that occured in BETA-1 (timeout
during autoconfig). Please try that one, if you get a chance.

Unless there are vivid objections, I would call it a "feature freeze"
now, only bugfixes should be added or bad packages should be removed.
The final image needs to be ready on Tuesday next week, So I don't
want to risk breaking stuff by adding adding any new features.

For some reason, I can't get gnomemeeting to work on my testing
machines. Maybe someone has a hint? There seems to be a problem related
to the audio devices, at least that is what gnomemeeting says.

If you have a free harddisk (and I mean a completely free one, please
don't risk destroying your installed systems), you can also try Fabian
Franz' new "knoppix-installer" script for harddisk installation.

Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/
Phone +49-(0)631-3109371                        Fax +49-(0)631-3109372
LinuxTag 2003 - Europes largest Linux Expo       Where .com meets .org