[debian-knoppix] Knoppix and cloning for different types of hardware

Hello,

We want to use knoppix as basis for our dual boot Win/Linux image in our
school's pc classrooms. The windows partition uses sysprep to customize
the image, this way we can use only one image for all of our classrooms.
We would like to stick to one image and the autodetection feature
Knoppix uses seems like a good solution.

I tried the hd-install which is included on the Knoppix CD but this
install seems to install a customized version of Knoppix for the
specific PC you are installing to, and not the autodetection part.

What way van I copy a knoppix image to harddrive which works on all
knoppix supported-hardware after cloning. Or does anybody know any other
way to easily deploy linux images in classrooms with different types of
hardware?

--
Wouter Mignon
System Administrator