Re: [debian-knoppix] Software recommendations for LinuxTag DVD edition?

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 02:46:30PM +0200, Klaus Knopper wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The (probably) last version of Knoppix before LinuxTag 2003
> has just been released: 2003-06-06 (changelog at
> http://download.linuxtag.org/knoppix/KNOPPIX-CHANGELOG.txt).
>
> We are currently planning a DVD edition of Knoppix for LinuxTag 2003
> (http://www.linuxtag.org/2003/en/index.html).
>
> For this, I would like to know which software you would like to see
> on a "full featured" version. Uncompressed space available is about
> 6 GB (currently in use: 2.7 GB), so the compressed image will roughly
> need 2.2 GB of space on a 4.7 GB medium, if not too much data is
> already in compressed format.

The three I would like to see, would be EVMS, gui, ncurses and
scriptable cli inteface.  Secondly streaming media meta package servers
such as Icecast 2 and Darwin.  Finally if I am not asking too much a Bit
Torrent server. :)

Peace Jim