Re: [debian-knoppix] deflating LILO and no waiting for Widows

Hallo Ed,

> On the load up sequence it 'LILO waits'
> for me to choose Linux or something called
> 'Widows NT' (which is not available the hard disk containng ths
> being removed
>
> Then I have to wait 30 seconds or press 'space
> to continue'
>  . . . (if I press RETURN a list of video modes will be presented)

in /etc/lilo.conf add before the sections containing image=/boot/...
vga=normal

and change the values for delay and timeout:

delay=10
timeout=10

waits 1 sec (10 deciseconds!)  before booting or keypressed

remove the block(s) containing :

other=/dev

Then as root do:

lilo

# added linux *
should appear, if succsessfull.

look in "man lilo.conf" for additional information!

--
Another name for a Windows tutorial is crash course!
from: http://humorix.org/slogans.shtml

eMail    :     Achim.Unger@web.de
Homepage : www.Ing-Buero-Unger.de