Re: [debian-knoppix] Howto update Knoppix cleanly for re-mastering?

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 11:56:45PM +0200, ml wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set up my own Knoppix re-mastering area using Knoppix 3.2
> of 2003-05-03.  I installed additional packages using
> apt-get and removed even more.  Now I like to benefit from
> the improvements in newer Knoppix versions (now:
> 2003-05-16).  Is there an apt-get repository for the Knoppix
> specific packages?  If not, is there a good way to update my
> installation area?
>
> Btw: Is it planned to put these packages into Debian
> unstable some day?

  Yes. There are people working on this... the main problem is that it
  seems all we are quite busy right now IRL.

  http://metadistros.alioth.debian.org

> Btw2: Is a jigdo download available or planned for Knoppix?

  This has been thought for metadistros, but this will be a bit hard to
  make. Jigdo uses the packages in the mirror and builds with that the
  iso image. Knoppix is in a compressed file, and there is no packages
  but files instead. So we should make a jigdo that can see all the
  files (which means having a uncompressed Knoppix image in the mirrors)
  and that can make cloop files without uncompressing them

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org