Re: [debian-knoppix] recompile kernel?

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 10:14:12PM +0800, winglion wrote:
>  I had some experiment on redhat!But it seem some thing different in gun/debian!
> While I type make menuconfig in the /usr/src/linux directory!
> It told me no rule to do with menuconfig,
> So how can i start to set kernel configuration?

I assume this is a question about Knoppix, since you posted to the
Knoppix developers list.

1. Get current kernel from http://www.kernel.org/
2. Get current xfs patch (if you need it) from http://www.xfs.org/
3. Unpack and patch
4. Copy .config from /usr/src/linux on Knoppix to your unpacked source
   directory
5. Run make menuconfig bzImage modules there.