Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix 3.2 Kernel

Hi Andreas,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 15:25:52 +0000, Andreas Volz wrote:

> could someone tell me which kernel is used in Knoppix 3.2 (uname -r)?
> Is this a orginal Kernel from kernel.org or did the knoppix developers
> apply some patches?

It is a vanilla 2.4.20 kernel with XFS patch and a very small
additional patch to extend the boot commandline length.

> I wish to know it, because someone told me he couldn't compile a
> specific module with knoppix 3.2. I've only Knoppix 3.1 to try and there
> it works. He said I must add this lines to my kernel-module to compile
> it with knoppix 3.2:
>
> typedef struct urb    urb_t;
> typedef struct urb *  purb_t;
>
> typedef struct {
> 	__u8 requesttype;
> 	__u8 request;
> 	__u16 value;
> 	__u16 index;
> 	__u16 length;
> } devrequest __attribute__ ((packed));

This struct is _not_ present in the vanilla kernel from kernel.org.
Maybe it was present in older kernel versions, I can't check this right
now.

> Could someone tell me why these typedefs seems not to be defined in the
> knoppix 3.2 kernel?

Because it's simply not there in 2.4.20?

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de