Re: [debian-knoppix] knoppix kernel source patching ?

Hello Klaus and ALL,

First of all, thank you very much for your excellent project of Knoppix!

At 21:01 03/03/22 +0100, Klaus wrote:
>On Sat, Mar 22, 2003 at 08:33:42PM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Klaus, do you have a list of how you assembled the kernel for the knoppix or
>> did you just use the stock 2.4.19 + xfs patches and did some patching
>> yourself here and there ?
>
>The current version is 2.4.20-xfs
>
>www.kernel.org
>www.xfs.org
>
>and set COMMAND_LINE_SIZE to 512. That's all.
>
>Regards
>-Klaus Knopper

Well, as far as I understand above patch is basic minimal required patch for
Knoppix kernel because of long/many arguments at booting.
Now, people want to learn how to bring the feature of XFS file system which
is included in Knoppix as is.
Or, I'm afraid they are little confusing in these two patches exist.
There are discussing here:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1311

XFS patch can be easily obtained by `apt-get install kernel-patch-xfs`
from Debian package and installed fairly easily.

My problem here:
The knx-hdinstall to xfs file system both on 3.1 and 3.2 could be done from
run level 1. (never from run level 6, the system goes to freeze :-()
The installation finishes without any problem but kernel panic occurs when
booting.

Does anyone got a success in real xfs file system?
Or am I missing some?

Kohjin - JR1EDE