[debian-knoppix] Re: [CLUE-Tech] Burning Knoppix ISO with XCDroast?

Joe,

This one liner in my ~/bin directory works great - i think you do not
really nead su - but the permissions are not too portable across distros
- my script is called 'burn' just type burn, the first few chars of the
  .iso followed by a tab, and get your felt pen ready.

#!/bin/bash
sudo cdrecord -v -eject speed=8 dev=0,3,0 $1

'cdrecord -scanbus' will give you the right device ID for your burner,
and the eject is a nice touch.

cdrecord even works across an NFS network - just don't try to watch
movies or listen to music at the same time - otherwise you get another
coaster - (coasters are the things you put in the cup holder on your PC
to stop the drips from hitting the computer skateboard, or floor.)

Check with me on the design of computer skateboards, as i have not yet
posted the plans on my web site. They can be built in single tower and
side by side versions quite easily - and the carpet footpad does a lot
for acoutic noise.

sudo or the 'wheel group' are very well worth setting up as they make
you not need to type in a password everytime you want to run a
priveleged command.  (and i know security guys are going to slam me for
suggesting 'wheel' but i like it, and it works well here)

  Enjoy knoppix - i am running it off an HDD install now, and really
  like it, especially the KDE setup he (klaus) did - never ran KDE
  before, in favor of blackbox and cousins, but knoppix KDE is very nice and
  stable.

  - plus Klaus seems like a cool guy.

And you gotta love tab completion - i catch myself hitting tab on MS
boxes, and expecting it to work.

aloha,
dave