Re: [debian-knoppix] Re: knoppix/bootcd like software?

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 02:22:56PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > and Knoppix is a _live_cd_. On a live cd you don't run apt-get update
> > (maybe sometime with a layeredfs/mergefs/...) and if you change
> > something, after the next boot you don't see any changes.
>
> I know that these packages might be completely inoffensive _for_ knoppix.
> But that does not mean we cannot take them "as is" and provide them in
> Debian too. Some might need to be changed from automatic configuration into
> scripted configuration in order to not violate policy.
>
> I.e. I don't want to donwload any *config package from knoppix and have it
> change my system through postinst. There might or might not be packages
> that do this at http://www.knopper.net/download/knoppix/
> I certainly have not had time to review them (at all). And this is also
> something that should be done.
>
> > Maybe we should change the policy and some parts about live cd systems.
>
> Don't expect that to be done just for the sake of making live cds.

We make somthing like this for the debian-installer. This udebs don't
follow policy (don't have docs, man pages, etc.) too.

But this is all a other problem. We should review the things from all
the projects, collect this all, make reviews and start something.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
"It's a modern Unix! It's stable, superior, enriching! It's gonna get