Re: [debian-knoppix] Gnome 2.2 on KNOPPIX, please

#include <hallo.h>
* Mantas K. [Sun, Feb 23 2003, 10:12:17AM]:

> >Knoppix is filled up to the brim
> No, there are lots of unneeded packages - as I told previously:
> "some old xservers - xserver-vga16, xserver-s3v, xserver-mach64,
> xserver-3dlabs, xserver-i128, xserver-w32 and maybe some other ones of 3.3.6
> version, because xserver-xfree86 is used instead (see
> /usr/share/doc/xserver-xfree86/Status.gz)"

Yeah. Please read the comments to Tseng, S3, ATI. Only xserver-vga16 and
xserver-3dlabs look like good candidates to drop when we use X 4.2.1
drivers instead.

> These unneeded xservers waste more than 13 MB space!!! If Klaus decides to
> incude GNOME2.2 - I'll try to find some free time for  help and find other
> unneeded software (for example - orphaned libraries).

a) it does not cost much time
b) the list was setup manually, from package to package, so do not
   expect to find much unused stuff
c) Some things may appear unneded for _you_ but they were requested by
   users, nevertheles.

> >fast and fast-moving, don't expect Knopper to include every change and
> everything.
> I don't expect to include "every change and everything" - I only think about
> most important desktops and applications.

What is important? Who decides what is important and what not?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
In einer guten Eh' ist wohl das Haupt der Mann, jedoch das Herz das Weib,
das er nicht missen kann.