Re: [debian-knoppix] Gnome 2.2 on KNOPPIX, please

Hi there!

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 00:46:30 +0200
	tests=FORGED_RCVD_FOUND,KNOWN_MAILING_LIST,MSG_ID_ADDED_BY_MTA_2,
	      RATWARE_HASH_2,SPAM_PHRASE_00_01
	version=2.44
"Mantas K." <monte@mail.lt> wrote:

> Hi again:
>
> Kai Lahmann <kl@3dots.de> wrote:
> >does it really make sense to inclode *any* alternate Desktop besides
> >KDE?
>
> Yes - not all people are from Europe, not all people are white and not
> all people like KDE - about 1/3 of my friends uses KDE, about 1/3 -
> GNOME and about 1/3 - other.

FYI, we're currently working on a special KNOPPIX version which will
include GNOME as standard desktop. I've been talking with Klaus about
that and we came to the decision that GNOME should be dropped in KNOPPIX
because it's quite crippled there; i.e. icewm isn't a recommended
WindowManager for GNOME2.x

We don't have a enduser version of GNOPPIX yet, but I'll keep you
updated when there'll be one.
Our homepage www.gnoppix.{de,net,org} will be online soon. It's only
German at the moment. But if you want to contribute to it (english
texts, additional information, etc.) don't hesitate to contact me.

Cheers,
Christian