Re: [debian-knoppix] Gnome 2.2 on KNOPPIX, please

Hey all,

i was planning to just to stay low, but morphix has had Gnome2.2 for a few weeks
now, and it seems to work quite well. Then again, i personally don't agree with
the throw-it-all-in-one-iso philosophy.

Imho, people wanting knoppix with gnome2.2 should just take a look at
knoppix.net and try to build their own remastered version. If you want something
like gnome2.2, or any other application/windowmanager/whatever, try to do it
yourself first. Knoppix is filled up to the brim, so your chances of having
something included arn't that great. The world of opensource software is huge,
fast and fast-moving, don't expect Knopper to include every change and everything.

dixi ;o)

Cheers,

Alex

Quoting Klaus Knopper <knopper@linuxtag.org>:

> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 11:49:23PM +0200, Mantas Kriau?i?nas wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Now GNOME is fully working on Debian unstable. Just install gnome-core
> package from unstable (apt-get install gnome-core/unstable) and you get
> worderful desktop environment on Debian. Please, include GNOME 2.2 on
> KNOPPIX. Including GNOME is better, than including Enlightenment (I don't say
> - E is bad thing, I only say - very few people are still using Enlightenment
> and there are no new versions for about 2 years).
> > If you have problems with GNOME or have no time I can help.

<snip>

> Sorry, this is absolutely unacceptable. I won't remove a perfectly working
> KDE in order to install an
> experimental gnome version.
>
> Regards
> -Klaus