Re: [debian-knoppix] Booting older Hardware with TERMINAL-Server

On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 10:30:04AM +0100, Achim Unger wrote:
> >From the documentation of the terminalserver I got the impression, that it will only run with PXE Motherboards. But it runs with older Hardware, like Pentium 133 MHz with 128 MB RAM ,if you use a floppy instead of a bootprom on netcard. You can run KNOPPIX on Hardware without CD und without PXE!
>
> Here is how I made this floppy for a NE2000 Netcard (on SuSE 8.0, professional):
> # Install Paket etherboot first
> cd /usr/lib/etherboot
> fdformat /dev/fd0u1440
> # old: cat floppyload.bin.pre compressed/ne.lzrom   >  /dev/fd0u1440
> cat boot1a.bin compressed/ne.lzrom   >  ne2000.boot.dd
> dd if=ne2000.boot.dd of=/dev/fd0

or better download from 'http://rom-o-matic.net/' the image (maybe with
knoppix) and use it...

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -  a Debian Linux Developer      http://www.debsupport.de
Make a software that is foolproof, and someone will make a better fool.