[debian-knoppix] Help with Xserver/install problems

Greetings.  I am not new to Linux, but I am new to Knoppix.  I am having
problems getting the CD to boot X.  I have a fairly old box:  AMD K6 III 350
with 256megs of Sdram.  I am getting kernal panic and can only boot into
command line.  I get "no suitable xserver found for your card" msg.  I also
have an old Radio Shack video monitor which I suspect may be part of the
problem, but I have no documentation for it.

My Vid card is an old Diamond Stealth 2000, which is an Sverge.  I have used
this card with RedHat, Mandrake, Debian Potatoe etc, with no problems, but I
wasn't using this monitor.

Any help/suggestions would be most appreciated.

Russell