Re: [debian-knoppix] Please, add lithuanian language to knoppix

On 19:35 Feb 02/03, Eaden McKee wrote:

> On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 07:23, Klaus Knopper wrote:
>
> > One problem: How do we handle languages? If german/french/nl etc.
> > users want to report bugs, are they allowed to report them in their native
> > language, or do we insist on everything being in english?
>
> I'm not sure how languages are supported in bugzilla, although on
> bugs.redhat.com|bugs.kde.org I have never seen a language option, so I
> would say that it would have to be in english.

Most of Bugzilla is templatized (the non-administrative parts), so it
is possible to create localized versions of the HTML. We just need to file
a bug regarding each locale that someone wants supported. ;-)

According to one of the Bugzilla maintainers:

<justdave> and if you're using the current cvs tip (as of three or four
weeks after 2.17.3 was released) you can have more than one language pack
installed at the same time and let it pick by the user's browser
preferences
<joshua> nice
<joshua> bz only ships with english though, right?
<justdave> right
<justdave> and German is the only language pack that's close to up to
date, I think
<justdave> the Russian one is for 2.16.1 last time I looked
<justdave> and the Spanish one is for 2.16.2

Hope this helps.

Joshua