Re: [debian-knoppix] More on IDE drive problem

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 06:26:38AM -0700, Dave Price wrote:
> 		Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
> 		Partition check:
> 		 hda: hda1 hda2
> 		  hdb: [POWERTEC] hdb1 hdb2 hdb3 hdb4 hdb5 hdb6 hdb7 hdb8 hdb9
> 		  hdb10 hdb11 hdb12
> 		   hdd: hdd1
>
> As you can see, hdb is confused.  It really has a single ext2 partition.

The  [POWERTEC] comes from fs/partitions/acorn.c. Your drive identifies
as an Acorn-partitioned disk for some unknown reason.

I will remove support for these types of partition tables in the next
release. Nobody is using Knoppix as rescue system for Acorn harddisks
anyways, right?

> Are there switches, etc. that I can pass to VP_IDE to help it work with
> my hardware better?

I don't know of any boot options that would prevent the kernel from
detecting all supported partition types. :-(

> BTW,  is where can I find the kernel sources and .config that is used to
> build this kernel?  Is it 'stock debian'?

/usr/src/linux/.config

It is a standard 2.4.20 kernel with only the XFS patch, and a small
patch for longer boot options, which is present in /usr/src for your
convenience.