Re: [debian-knoppix] can't mount hdd under knoppix

Hi Dave,

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 13:58:12 -0600, Dave Price wrote:
                ^^^^ huh?
> I have installed knoppix from cd to a hard drive.

Which Knoppix version, which kernel version?

> root@dp:/home/davep# mount -t ext2 /dev/hdb1 /local
> mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdb1,
>        or too many mounted file systems

Does the mount point /local exist?

> And dmesg has this repeated in it:
>
> hdb: read_intr: status=0x59 { DriveReady SeekComplete DataRequest Error
> hdb: read_intr: error=0x10 { SectorIdNotFound }, LBAsect=256902992,
> sector=0

I suppose this is not a filesystem related problem. Looks rather like
the kernel has problems with the IDE chipset/controller. What is the
type of your IDE controller? Is /dev/hdb1 mountable when running
Knoppix from CD?

bye,
  Chris
--