[debian-knoppix] Ideas for knoppix

Hi there,
I think these are great ideas, and for those who do not have enough time to
browse hundreds of posts in a forum, I have summarized some of the ideas
here.

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23
Jeremy Writes : Knoppix is great, but to bring the visual experience and font
handling on par with RedHat 8.0, I would suggest adding Fontconfig and XFT2
support. While you're at it, I'd also suggest making sure the bytecode
interpreter is enabled for the FreeType 2.1.x libraries.

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=172
Phredd writes: saveable cheatcode options (onto the floppy).
I guess this means that when you save floppyconfig, it also saves the
cheatcodes.

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122
Helldesk writes:  Why is memtest86 not on the standard knoppix cdrom ?
The way I see it is that memtest86 is a linux kernel, so you should be able to
boot with "memtest"
The problem is the size of boot.img is not big enough to fit 2 kernels!
Isolinux would work however. I think using isolinux would have a lot of
benifits. You could still have the boot.img on the cd for clients that need
to boot off floppy.

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=239
Guest writes : Since one use for Knoppix is as a rescue disk, a good tool is
NTpasswd, found at http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ It is a utility
to change the Administrator password on a NT or W2K box. Not gpl, but free
for noncommerical distribution.

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=275
I dunno how hard that would be but someone should suggest to klaus to make the
knoppix cd a multisession and have the ability to save your config file as a
second session then have that automatically loaded on boot. see cool linux.

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=290
Would it be possible to add a distributed number crunching client or two to
the Knoppix CD?
The client could have a pre-registered "knoppix" user/team as a default, but
you could alter this if desired to your own login. Also, it could be switched
on/off from the KNOPPIX->configure menu (or a via CheatCodes perhaps).

Best Regards
Eaden McKee