Re: [debian-knoppix] "distcc" and "ccache" for Knoppix

On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 04:13:27PM +0100, Fabian Franz wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 10. November 2002 15:56 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:
> > Hi, all,
> >
> > I'd like to suggest to include "distcc" and "ccache" on Knoppix,
> > plus make it work with as much pre-configuration as possible (or
> > with a little GUI-wizard to step one throught the setup...)
>
> Please, Klaus. I would aprecciate this too ...
>
> This sounds marvellous !

OK, which other packages do you recommend to sacrifice for this?

> Why not also for programmers/developers :-)
>
> It even has gideon (kdevelop3) :-)

Unfortunately there are no gcc-3.2 compiled KDE and QT libraries
available yet, so gideon cannot currently compile KDE or QT programs on
Knoppix. But it's still good enough for C/C++ programming in school.

> Klaus, would you include this, when I have programmed it ?

Of course. Shellscripts do not require much space. But please, make
Debian packages of everything (with source).

-Klaus