Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix-light double-detecting SCSI disks

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 03:33:11PM +0100, Sebastian Schneider wrote:
> 05.11.02 15:17:24, Marc Haber <mh+knoppix@zugschlus.de> wrote:
> >as some of you people might know, I have been working on a
> >Knoppix-light. My goal is to have a lightweight, non-graphical rescue
> >system that fits on a business card CD.
>
> May I ask how big it currently is ?
> Most business card CDs hold around 14 MB, is that correct ?

No, they can hold around 60 MB. I have not actually written a knoppix
light on one of them, but the image is 52 MB at the moment - at the
expense of not being a full debian at the moment, since the apt and
dpkg databases had to go, as well as /usr/share/doc and most of the
locales.

> >I suspect that there might be a problem with SCSI emulation and kernel
> >2.4.19-ac4. Is that possible? Any hints would be appreciated.
>
> I know that a friend of mine is running a 2.4.19-ac4 kernel on his Debian-Box. I will ask him if he has experienced any
> problem. Sorry that I can not help you by myself.

Since plain 2.4.19-ac4 runs fine on this machine, I suspect a problem
with the SCSI emulation that knoppix uses.

Greetings
Marc