[debian-knoppix] PS/2 mouse and hard drive question

Hi all,

I am running Knoppix 3.1 to introduce Linux to my friends and expect to have advice from the List on following problem and question.

1) PS/2 mouse
I ran Knoppix 3.1 on a Windows PC and it did not detect the PS/2 mouse which ran without problem on Windows environment. I plugged in a USB mouse then it worked. I tested another PS/2 mouse with the same result, not being detected. I ran Xconfigurator and following command prompted:

bash : Xconfigurator : command not found.

2) Hard drive
In order to protect the hard drive of a Windows PC avoiding a mishap, I disconnected its power cable. Could disable detecting hard disk from BIOS has the same effect. The latter arrangement is more convenient without opening the PC box.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu