[debian-knoppix] custom KNOPPIX : my_knx.iso went way bigger ?

Hi,

I wanted to customize my KNOPPIX CD  ( 3.1 Beta 22 Sept ) a bit ...
I followed the instruction given by Christain Perle ( translation given
on the list Sun Jul 14th )...

I did the steps described :
(
cp -a * /mnt/knx_root
chroot /mnt/knx_root
exit
mkisofs -R /mnt/knx_root | create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/KNOPPIX
mkisofs -r -J -b KNOPPIX/boot.img -c KNOPPIX/boot.cat \
  -o /mnt/my_knx.iso /mnt/knx_cd
)

the customization involved only adding about 1K of data
( hardcoding IP's for eth0 and presettings proxies in the skel for konkeror
and mozila)

but I end up with a 709 MB  my_knx.iso image !!! when the original was just
700M.
It seems actually that the extra weight (9MB) has been taken on the KNOPPIX
file itself.
it is strange because 9MB compressed would meat about some extra 27MB
gained!

have the instruction changed ??

any help/hint would be appreciated!