Re: [debian-knoppix] knoppix remastering with new kernel

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 10:31:42AM +0200, Daniel Gohlke wrote:
> hello,
>
> i want remastering a knoppix version with my own kernel
> because i have a sony vaio notebook with firewire dvd
> and so i can't boot any cd from bios. now i compiled
> my own kernel, so mounting the a cd or dvd is working.
> my problem is how can i remastering the new knoppix.

You need to uncompress the compressed image KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
to a harddisk partition, install the new kernel modules there,
remaster the compressed ISO file (see cloop.README for the procedure)
and also modify the initial ramdisk on the bootimage boot{,-en}.img
to include your new kernel and recompiled versions of the necessary SCSI
modules and cloop.o.

> i think i have to change more properties, than, if i only
> updating a package. should i reconfigure the lilo? what
> i have to do?

The boot.img uses syslinux, not lilo, so just exchanging the miniroot.gz
should be sufficient.