[debian-knoppix] VMware inside Knoppix.

[I know VMware is not free... and Knoppix is free/open
but what if you want to get best of both world]

Thanks to Eduard Bloch,
I can now boot knoppix from an iso file into VMware.

I did follow the advice both from him and VMware at the letter.
I found this link that might reduce search time:
http://www.vmware.com/support/reference/common/guest_linux_xf864.html
And also this one about Ramdisk did help me:
http://www.gnujobs.com/mark/articles/Ramdisk.html
Be carefull not to play with /dev/ram0 but with /dev/ram1
since knoppix use a ramdisk already.

However the solution is not perfect yet.
It seems that my Ramdrive is way too big and I don't find how to change the
default.
Any help on changing the ramdisk size (only /dev/ram1 not the /dev/ram0) is
welcome.

I was considering creating a filesystem on a file and loop mounting it at
the right place.
What do you think about this solution?

There is another thing I don't understand.
In knoppix I found a version of vmware_drv.o but with that one it does not
work.
When I use the one from VM web site, it work ok.

Please take good notice that I tested all this with V2.2 24-04-2002-BETA
and VMware Workstation 3.0.0 build 1455.

So I give no garantee that this work with current version or even that there
is
a problem to be solved with current version of both. ;-)

David GLAUDE

PS: Any further help is welcome.