Re: [debian-knoppix] xmms: Device or resource busy

#include <hallo.h>
Lionello Lunesu wrote on Fri Jul 12, 2002 um 10:37:32AM:

> * When trying to play music in XMMS (music works in Konqueror when hovering a
> sound file, never in XMMS, even with Konqueror closed. Also no sound in 'bb'):
> In console: ** WARNING **: oss_open(): Failed to open audio device (/dev/dsp):
> Device or resource busy
> Dialog: Can't open audio

Run "killall artsd" from the command line and set OSS output in the
XMMS' output plugins configuration.

To Klaus: please check the .la files. The handling or library opening in
libarts and libarts based applications is an ugly kludge and may cause
trouble in this case.

> Furthermore, I'd rather have anti-aliased fonts enabled by default than the
> transparent windows.

Personal preferences... Most of them are ugly when antialised, IMHO.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Es gibt drei Arten der Lüge, hat einmal George Bernard Shaw gesagt: die
gewöhnliche Lüge, die Statistik und den Wetterbericht