Re: [debian-knoppix] Some thoughts&questions about knoppix...

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 12:59:09AM +0200, Klaus Knopper wrote:

> > > They COULD be needed on a rescue system. And ram* is definitely
> > > needed at boot time.
> >
> > Only ram0 is needed. Other question: is KNOPPIX a rescue system?
>
> Yes, you can also use the boot floppy alone to sucessively mount
> your filesystems (and even floppy disks with additional modules).
> You may also need more ramdisks sonetimes.

is devfs still usable for production systems?
maybe we can save some imodes by switching to devfs.

regards
oliver

--
 Oliver Zendel                                           LinuxTag-Team
 email: zendel@linuxtag.de                      phone: +49-631-3109371