Re: [debian-knoppix] Multiple CDROM Icons on desktop

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 08:58:14AM -0400, Brian Anon wrote:
> I have a Compaq EVO n600c notebook with DVD/CDR drive bay.  No floppy drive.
>
> When I boot the Knoppix CD everything seems to work fine, but I have seven
> CD Rom icons created on my desktop.

This is a known problem with multiple LUN support. The CD-Rom answers
seven times if asked if there is a CD-Rom present at the seven Logical
Units of a single drive.

If the Multilun option is disabled, you won't be able to use a CD
changer anymore.

> What would cause this?  Is there anything I can do to correct this problem?

Not really. I think, the problem is mostly hardware-related: The CD-Rom
should only answer for the first LUN, not for all seven. There may be a
"cable select" jumper present, that could be switched to "single master"
or "slave", but I don't know if thie would really change anything.

Anyways, at least one of the seven icons should be usable.

Regards
-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                  LinuxTag 2002 - Europes largest Linux Expo
Technical Solutions                                 Where .com meets .org