Re: [debian-knoppix] Wireless prism2 or orinoco: cannot read ELF header

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 01:48:46PM +0100, Eduard Bloch wrote:
> #include <hallo.h>
> * Henrion Benjamin [Tue, Dec 31 2002, 01:41:49PM]:
> > modprobe prism2_cs: cannot read ELF header from the module
> > modprobe orinoco_cs: idem
>
> Btw, I may err, but why are pcmcia-modules (from pcmcia-cs) not included
> on Knoppix?

Because Knoppix uses the Kernel PCMCIA modules instead of the
obsoleted pcmcia-modules from pcmcia-cs. I had a conversation
with David Hinds a while ago, who definitely recommended the drivers
included in the 2.4 kernel instead of the modules that come with
pcmcia-cs.

> I had a Gericom laptop where pcmcia did not work at all with
> yenta_socket (kernel-pcmcia).

It should work, just the interrupt routing on some Gericom notebooks is
broken. You should load yenta_socket before all other modules (!).
At last resort, compile it into the kernel directly

If it still doesn't work, you have 4 other modules for testing,
that may match your specific PCMCIA controller better.

But usually the problem is the aforementioned broken interrupt routing when
yenta_socket fails.

Regards
-Klaus
--
Klaus Knopper                           Technical Solutions & Finances
knopper@linuxtag.org                          http://www.linuxtag.org/